Wednesday, December 12, 2012

2011 walk for pkd


I have decided for my 7th year to join the annual Central Ohio Walk for PKD right here in Columbus Ohio to help raise funds for Polycystic Kidney Disease patient education and research…

I think it's impossible to know who I am without knowing that I live with PKD. I have lost my grandfather, father and cousin to PKD while my cousin's son, his grandmother Aunt Phyliis (who has been on dialysis for 13 years) and I remain alive with the disease and it's effects. Please let this year be the year that we rally to fight this disease so that 12.5 million other people on this earth (and the countless family and support members that they are surrounded by) can STOP PKD!
Please join me in this fight. The end line is near!

Jared C.
PKD Foundation Central Ohio Chapter Coordinator
Friend, Co-worker, son, brother, grand-son and advocate
Can't help but reflect upon my father, a true Ohio Veteran dedicated to doing things right. All you gotta do is Stand Out! Miss and love you though

No comments: