Thursday, March 7, 2013

Hardship Man



This poem is just amazing as the rest of his work... but speaks directly and literally to me of storing love deep inside of my left kidney. The kidney that hurts the most, causes the most hardships yet shines in my eyes as it's a duplicate of my father's and his father's and who knows how many father's kidneys before... the bitter hard and raw reality that this genetic disease actually does end with me as I won't ever be lucky enough to experience the power of passing along who I am for the next generation to do better. There is no next generation in my family... But there also is no more PKD in my family at that point. And for that alone, to be the end of such a destructive force for which there is no treatment, no cure... but Hope they say. I Hope I'm righ

No comments: